Kindling Your Metabolic Fire (agni) to Maintain Your Weight and Improve Digestion
Your metabolic fire/Agni is low when you feel or there are:
Tips to kindle your metabolic fire during winter:
- When the sun comes out at the heat of the day, bathe and then go in the sunlight.
- Sip hot ginger tea before and even with meals, or alternatively, grade some fresh ginger, squeeze some lemon on it and add a few pinches of salt and chew on about 1/2 tspn before meals. (not suitable for most pitta types)
- Prepare vegetable broths, soups, stews with warming spices such as rosemary, thyme, cayenne, cumin, turmeric, ginger, clove, bay leaf and cinnamon.
- If your body type is Vata or Kapha – take extra care to keep the body warm by taking warm baths and wearing layers of clothing.
- Abhyanga or Self Massage (for vata types) or Nasya/nose cleaning (for kapha types) using warm sesame seed oil.
- Use warming essential oils to such as wintergreen, eucalyptus, rosemary and calamus. Diffuse the oil or inhale by putting a drop on the palm of your hands or mix with carrier oil and apply externally.
Digestive fire/Agni metabolic fire is healthy when there is:
If you would like to request a private consultation please go here.