Muscle pain? Joint pain?
Skin conditions? Neurological issues?
A Practical Ayurvedic Panchakarma Program
Self administered or provided in Ojai, CA.
A customized deep detoxification series of treatments specificity to reduce congestion and detoxify the lymphatic system, and skin as well as deep tissue such as muscles, joints and the nervous system.
An Ayurveda Detox and Rejuvenation Process
Panchakarma offers one of the most comprehensive procedures to effectively remove deep toxins from the body. These methods seek to reverse the direction of disease, deny it from manifesting itself, redirect disorders back into the bloodstream, and eventually deposit the toxins into the gastrointestinal tract where they can be eliminated. This cleansing process is achieved through several stages including a [doshic] balancing mono diet, colon herbs, oilation (Snehana) therapy, steam therapy (Svedana) and deep cleansing home treatments (Panchakarma) specific for the individual. Therapies are given to remove toxins (ama) and strengthen specific body tissues and bodily system affected by the illness.
This program is very suitable for those with serious skin conditions, joint or muscle pain, and nerve pain or numbness as well as congestive conditions and weight loss. Furthermore, a complete Panchakarma program strengthens the whole body and rebuilds healthy tissues after the toxins have been expelled.
The benefits of Panchakarma treatments include:
- Lowered diastolic blood pressure
- Reductions in bad cholesterol
- Decreased rates of platelet clumping and lymphatic congestion
- Decreased major toxic and cancer causing chemicals from body tissues (including heavy metals, pesticides and other hazardous environmental chemicals)
- Significant reductions in physical complaints, muscle pain, joint pain, stiffness and psychological inhibition
- Greater emotional stability and decreased anxiety
Stage One: Purvakarma
Preparatory Cleaning Procedures
The first therapy is generally internal oleation (Snehana) in order to loosen accumulated toxins and help the body enter fat metabolism. This step includes supplementation with digestive herbs before and after meals (dipana and pachana) to strengthen digestion and herbal supplementation at night to improve elimination.
During this stage you will eat a simple mono-diet consisting of a [doshic] specific rice and bean dish prepared with steamed vegetables and spice called kitchari, (mung beans and spices will be provided).
Stage Two: Panchakarma and other cleansing therapies
Mobilize and Eliminate Toxins
In this stage your will receive a warm herbal oil massage massages (Abhyanga) to be done daily (by yourself in your home or in Ojai). After the application of the herbal oil, steam therapy or a herbal hot bath (Swedana) is done to heat the body and release mobilized toxins. These treatments together also effectively relax the muscles and nervous system, detoxifies deep tissue and de-stagnates the lymphatic system.*
Sneha is the application of medicated oils to the entire body with gentle massage and allows the toxins to move into the gastrointestinal tract for easy elimination. It is also administered internally for 3 – 5 days depending on the disease and patient's tolerance.
Sweda is sudation or sweating which is done immediately one day after sneha and helps to liquefy the toxins, allowing for easy movement towards the gastrointestinal tract. After sneha and sweda for 3—7 days 'PANCHAKARMA' are done depending upon the patient.
One or more of the following panchakarama and traditional detoxification treatments will be recommended based on the patient's constitution (prakruti), disease state (vikruti), tissues imbalances (dhatus doshi) and other factors.
Ayurveda at-home treatments provided as necessary:
- Gastrointestinal purgation (Virechana): This treatment is a flushing of the whole GI track with herbal laxatives. This powerful treatment quickly reduces body heat (pitta); liver, gallbladder and colon congestion which helps improving rashes, itching, skin inflammation and acne.
- Herbal Enema or Colon Therapy (Basti): There are many variations with enema treatments using herbal teas, herbal oils and even yogurt that are very effective at relieving chronic constipation, arthritis, gout, headaches, rheumatism, IBS, ulcerative colitis and many other conditions.
- Therapeutic Vomiting Therapy (Vamana): This is an emesis treatment done through the oral route to eliminate excess mucus by means of therapeutic vomiting and is recommended for people suffering from chronic asthma, tonsillitis, anemia, chronic indigestion, sinus problems, cough, cold and most Kapha conditions.
- Administration of herbal oil in the nose (Nasya): Nasya Oil treatment done daily soothes and protects the nasal passages, relieve sinus congestion and relieve accumulated stress.
- Blood Cleansing (Rakta Moksha): Using blood purifying herbs this therapy will improve conditions such as repeated infections, gout, enlarged liver or spleen, and all skin disorders such as herpes, rashes, eczema, acne, chronic itching and hives.
- Herbal Colon Cleansing: Colon cleansing gently encourages your system to rid itself of accumulated toxins, waste, and parasites, while at the same time helping to tone the colon.
- Liver Flush: Liver detoxification can help remove these unwanted poisons and enable it to function properly. A healthy liver will increase your energy, improve metabolism, and help you burn excess fat.
Stage Three: Rasayana
Rejuvenation and Nutritional Therapy
The final step of panchakarma is rasayana, a term that means "that which is nourishing." Once the toxins have been released, this is a critical time to begin replenishing the body with the right doshic balancing diet, supportive herbs, superfoods and nutritional support. Wholefoods meal plans based on your dosha and health condition(s) will be addressed.
You will continue taking rejuvenating [Rasayana] herbal formulas and supplements for a few more weeks after the program.
Home therapies provided as necessary:
* Products and supplies can be provided if necessary.
Therapeutic uses of Panchakarma
- Effective detoxification of lymphatic tissue and skin - helps with most chronic skin conditions, itching, rashes, dry skin and cellulite.*
- Deep detoxification of muscle and fat tissue - helps with muscle pain; and reduces cysts, fibroid & tumors.*
- Detoxes and lubricates joints - helps reduce all forms of joint pain including gout, rheumatoid arthritis & osteoarthritis.*
- Calms and nourishes the nervous system - helps with anxiety, insomnia, sciatica, neuropathy and other neurological disorders.*
- Lowers all doshas: Vata, Pitta, Kapha
Ayurvedic physicians recommend getting regular Panchakarma treatments to detoxify and nourish your entire mind-body system. In just a few weeks, you will feel renewed, as you release old toxins and open yourself to vibrant health.
Treatments available & Fees
For appointment details see Fees.
To set an appointment see Schedule
To get started or discus your health issues with Khabir please submit Online Health Assessment.
Room accommodations if needed
For out-of town clients, arrangements can be made in a clean, quiet, and comfortable room only 10 minutes away from my office.
The National Institute of Health Office of Complementary and Alternative Medicine currently considers Ayurveda a form of complementary and alternative medicine in the United States. In the State of California, Ayurveda is a non-licensed profession. Its practice was formally legalized under the passage of Senate Bill 577 in January 2003. Ayurvedic consultations are considered alternative or complementary to healing arts that are licensed by the State of California.